Calendar for Mr. Woodhall's Classes

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Contributions from "The Antagonist"

Here's a movie, about 45 minutes long that I think you'd enjoy for a class. What On Earth is Wrong with Gravity?



http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-843994142204928073&hl=enA

cheer for gravity, even though you may not always like it. Without it, the universe wouldn't be what it is, or may not be at all. Save this for the physics unit, or if you're feeling saucy, show it when you see this entry. I'd rather you show this than An Inconvenient Half-Truth.

2 comments:

Gord Woodhall said...

Description from You Tube.

Aired: January, 29 2008 on BBC2

Particle physicist and ex D:Ream keyboardist Dr. Brian Cox believes that the answer to the meaning of ... all the universe lies in gravity. On a road trip across the USA, Brian fires lasers at the moon in Texas and goes wild in the desert in Arizona. He encounters the bending of space and time at a maximum security military base and tries to detect ripples in our reality in the swamps of Louisiana.

Gord Woodhall said...

I have a student, Andrew, that wrote an Awareness Article summary on String Theory. I am sure he would love to see this video, I will mention it to him.

I will take your suggestion under advisement.

In fact, I am surprised that you seem so enthusiastic about a video that includes John Mayer in its soundtrack... or was that James Blunt. Either one shocks me!